Winter is rodent season in Hampton Roads which means rats and mice are looking to nest. Did you know a mouse builds its nest next to shelter and food sources? These rodents prefer small, warm and dark spots where they will feel comfortable enough to breed. Mice do not travel more than thirty feet from their nest to food as they eat constantly throughout the day.
- – Seal-Up!
- – Trap-Up!
- – Clean-Up!
- – All Services Guaranteed
- – Pest-Exclusion Services by Universal Pest & Termite
Pest-Exclusion Services by Universal Pest & Termite
Universal Pest & Termite offers complete pest control and rodent control as well as contaminated insulation removal, air duct cleaning and most importantly sanitize treatments to the infested areas.
Want Your Home and Duct Areas Rodent Free?
Rodent (Rat / Mouse) Exterminator Service for Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Norfolk, Newport News and surrounding cities.
Winter is rodent season in Hampton Roads which means rats and mice are looking to nest. Did you know a mouse will build their nest close to food and shelter? These rodents prefer warm, narrow and dark places where they will feel safe during breeding. A mouse would not travel more than 30 feet from its nest to food as they feed 15 to 20 times a day. A common nesting place can be under the insulation in your attic, under your home, your walls and even your air duct. Most companies will try to eliminate the rodent population but will leave behind the mess that is created by the unwelcome guest. Universal Pest & Termite offers complete rodent exterminator service as well as contaminated insulation removal, air duct cleaning and most importantly sanitize treatments to the infested areas.
Controlling an Active Rodent Population in Your Home
Seal-Up! A mouse needs a hole about the size of a nickel, a rat needs a hole about the size of a silver dollar to enter you home. Without a pest-exclusion service, you may have a difficult time controlling a rat or mouse infestation. Pest-Exclusion services by Universal Pest & Termite.
Trap-Up!There are a couple of options for eliminating an active rodent infestation. Using store-bought traps may remove a few rats or mice but are you really solving the problem? Leave this one to the professionals. Improper placement or size of a rodent trap can be a mistake.
Clean-Up! This step is a big one when dealing with rats or mice. Because rodents are known for leaving a mess behind you need a plan to clean up after. This could mean contaminated insulation removal, air duct cleaning and especially a sanitize treatment to all contaminated areas. Up to 30% of the air you breathe comes from your attic and crawl space.
Why Choose Universal Pest for Rodent Control in Your Home?
Universal Pest & Termite understands that the safety of your family and home including pets. This is the most important issue when it comes to pest control for rats and mice. This is why we train our employees to focus on keeping rodents from entering your home in the first place. As part of our standard Border-Guard service we will seal and caulk entry points around the first-floor level of your house. In addition, your Universal Pest tech will offer ways to reduce the chances of an infestation. Which include controlling moisture under your home and removing clutter from your attic that could contribute to nesting in the winter. We are serving with very much effective and low-cost rodent control services to keep your home and surrounding safe.
Call Today 757-502-0200
Customized Rodent Control Services for Your Family and Home
Fun Facts About Rodents
- All rodents, such as rats and mice, have two front teeth that keep growing every day. Rodents such as rats and mice chew on wood, paper and wire to keep their teeth sharp.
- When you think of small animals, you may think of rodents like mice that your mom doesn’t want in the house. Did you know, that there are more than 1,500 types of rodents? These include porcupines, woodchucks, muskrats, chipmunks and squirrels.
- The old wives’ story that rats and mice love to eat cheese is simply not true. They will eat cheese if there is nothing else, but it’s not always their preferred food.
- Rats reproduce every 19-23 days and are ready to mate again in 2 days
- Mice reproduce slower and typically have 2 litter a year
- Rats can climb walls and even swim underwater to get where they want to be
Why Choose Universal Pest for Your Rodent Pest Control?
Universal Pest & Termite specializes in rodent control in Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Newport News and surrounding cities. We make sure each inspector and technician is trained to offer the most effective and safest method available for rodent control. The safety of your family including pets is always our top concern. What do we do for rodent control?
- *Inspect before treatment
- Seal rat and mice entry points around the foundation
- We apply rodent bait only in attics and closed crawl space areas (Safety First)
- Apply rodent traps in areas with evidence of activity
- *Look for rodent nesting grounds (Attic or Crawl Space)
- Take a look for contamination (We offer cleaning services if needed in attic and crawl areas)
Universal Pest & Termite offers contaminated insulation removal, disinfectant applications where contamination is present as well as new insulation installation services. You inspector will make sure the air you breathe is not being affected by a rodent infestation. We also offer air duct cleaning services.
Check out our Rodent Pest Control Blog.